Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Biodata

My name is Chua Mui Peng and I am currently a second year statistic major student in National University of Singapore. I strongly believe that numbers make a difference in people’s life and thus chosen a career path that is associated with numbers. From my course, I hope to acquire good analytical skills so that I can make sense of the numbers in datasets and provide others with the relevant information.

Prior to NUS, I attended Meridian Junior College where I was given a chance to display my leadership skills. I participated in Learning Agora 2005 which is organized by Meridian Junior College. In this event, I was appointed as the co-leader and I had to work with the team members to come up with creative products to be sold to the public.

After my A level studies, I took up several administrative job where I was exposed to different sets of data and tasked to compile, sort and analyze the data. The jobs have equipped me with skills for documentation using Microsoft Offices. In addition, I was also given the opportunity to liaise with other companies which in turn strengthen my communication skills. Through these jobs, I have developed skills to work as a team as well as proper time management.

Furthermore, I also have strong affinity with music. I was a member of Chinese Orchestra for consecutive 6 years from secondary to junior college. I immersed myself wholeheartedly in all the club activities and thus, I was selected to represent the school in the prestigious Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging (SYF) and clinched a Silver award.

Soon, I will be embarking on the next chapter of my life, and I hope to make use of the skills that I have learnt previously in my future endeavors.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mui Peng,

    I'm impressed by the range of activities you engaged in! From analyzing numbers to creation of new product and your involvement in music certainly make you a all-rounded person.

    Besides communication and leadership skills, it would be good if you add in more qualities pertaining to your future career as a statistician.

    Well-written! Cheers!

    Johny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mui Peng,

    It is good that you explained your interest in statistics. You have also showed your non-academics involvement in CCAs and part-time jobs.

    Maybe you would also like to mention the skills you acquired more clearly, so that at one glance I can know your strengths. :)

    Overall it is a good write-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mui Peng,

    You biodata is generally well-structured, highlighting in sepearate paragraphs about your transferable skills, leadership ability and your interest in music repspectively. I woulrd agree with Johny that it shows that you are a all-rounder.

    But as you have mentioned in your first paragraph that you want to find a career that is involve with numbers, then my suggestion is that you could elaborate yours skills that are closely related to crunching numbers. For exmample, include a short description about your accomplishments in your student project in subjects like Linear Regression, Computer Data Analysis, etc.

    However, your biodata may appeal to employers in other sectors as you have other good qualities that they seek. It is good to structure the details in your biodata to match your career goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mui peng

    I believe with your analytical and critical thinking skills acquire from your course of study, many employers will want to employ you!

    As you have mentioned, I believe that your affinity for music can be further developed on! And who knows? You might have a career switch from a statistician to a musician?

    Ji Fang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mui Peng,

    Your work experience had certainly equipped you with the skills needed to work in the area of field you are interested in.

    I am also impressed that you have joined Chinese Orchestra for six years! The activities that you have participated in your biodata shows you to be an all-rounder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mui Peng,

    You are well diverse in many areas !

    Your job experience have certainly made you more well equipped and prepared for your future job as a statistician.

    Cecilia =)

    ReplyDelete